Monday, April 13, 2009

What's in a name

So what's in a name?


Is it a chance to be unique?


Is it a chance to show off a child that has just been brought into this world?


Or is it an idea to get your kid fucking teased all his life?
When we are born one of the first things a parent does is give the child and identifying marker- a name. This is the thing that shall intoduce the child (later adult) to the rest of society. This is the thing that will create any first impression besides how they look.
So why didya have to name him/her
ShaQUAN
LAquel
Destiny
Alize
Porshe
Unique
Mary sue
Betty Joe
Ricky Bobby
Shaun
Cassidy
Not picking on any race because we all have our quirks
Spanish people can't choose ONE name so their kids have multiple names so everyone from the past. I knew a kid named Juan Jesus Antonio Sanchez de la Vega.


And whats with everyone naming thier kids after saints? Jesus? maria?

Come on! Not everyone can be Mary or Jesus

Or Mohammed for that matter either.

Or Abraham.

Also do me a favor- don't name your kids names that expired at the turn of the century. Dolly,Fanny,Eunice, Frederick, and names like that are for our GRANDPARENTS.

When i have kids- i shall think of thier welfare before giving them a shitty name. No one wants to be made fun of for the rest of thier life.

Also lets get these kids some self defense lessons. Today kids are becoming pussies because of all the technology. Back when i was a kid i didn't have a nintendo i had a bike. I didn't go to Burger King for Lunch. I brown bagged it.

Perhaps the first indication of parental failure is the name the child is given?

Food for thought.

1 comment:

  1. Damn it my computer closed after i typed the damn comment so here goes take two:

    Names of people I have known through the years:
    Elvis Pressley (yes spelled that way) Charlie Brown, Petty Officer Dick, Petty Officer Sargent, Petty Officer Admiral, Petty Officer Seaman(he also was Seaman Seaman),LaQuisha LaBad, Loe Rider, Rachel Swallows(why did she marry a guy with that name is beyond me I would have held on to the maiden name)Christie Rape, I have friends that work in hospitals that have had to talk a woman from naming her kid Gonorrhea (because she heard it once I had no idea what it was but liked the sound of it).

    I named my son after my father. Just like I was. just with a different middle name.

    ReplyDelete